WHAT IS COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- There are many names for Cosmetic Tattooing, including Micro Pigmentation, Permanent Makeup, Semi Permanent Makeup and Permanent Cosmetics.
- Cosmetic Tattooing is a popular cosmetic treatment involving the controlled insertion of safe colour pigments into the dermis layer of the skin using tiny, sterile, disposable needles, instantly improving appearance and facial definition. This is a cosmetic treatment that defines your eyes and brows with a soft, natural appearance that looks, and stays looking, like perfectly applied make-up or the most subtle of enhancements. All cosmetic tattooing will fade to some degree over time which is due to a number of individual factors.
DOES IT HURT?
- The sensation can vary from person-to-person. A high quality topical anaesthetic is applied before and during the procedure to give you the most comfort possible. Some people fall asleep during the tattooing. As your procedure is done with a digital device, you will hear and feel the vibrating sensation.
- Do not book your appointment around your period, as you will most likely be more sensitive to pain during or right before it. If you have a low tolerance to pain, you may want to take a Tylenol an hour before your appointment.
WHAT TATTOOING SERVICES TO YOU OFFER:
- NANO BROWS:
Using a single, tiny 0.17mm needle, each hairstroke is meticulously “drawn” on with a digital tattoo pen. This method of feather stroke brows is less traumatizing on the skin than a microblade, enables more detail, and lasts longer. The healing process for this method is also more comfortable. If you have very thin and/or sensitive skin, this would be highly recommended over microblading.
- OMBRE BROWS:
For those who want a more make up brow look or have oilier skin, this method will create a natural ombre look for your brows. These are NOT the block eyebrows of the past. Using the same digital device as Nano Brows, brows are softly filled in, fading towards the front of your brow and the edges. Ombre Brows tend to last longer between refreshers simply due to the amount of pigment deposited into your skin, which, in the long run, is better for your skin.
- COMBO BROWS:
- Simply want to enhance their current features
- Are unable to apply makeup
- Have poor eyesight
- Are busy and don’t have time to spend on their makeup
- Have unsteady hands
- Suffer from eye allergies caused by makeup
- Play sports and don’t want to worry about ‘sweating off’ or re-applying makeup
- Have thinning or no eyebrows
- Have had a facelift
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- If you have dry to normal skin, the hair stroke technique will work well for you.
- If you have very oily skin, the hair stroke technique will heal more blurry. A powder brow is often recommended for oily skin, but we can always try the hair stroke method at your initial appointment, and use a powder technique at your second appointment if your tattoo heals very blurry.
- Pregnant or Breast feeding
- Taking Accutane (wait 1 year afterward)
- Undergoing Cancer treatments
- Diagnosed with Hemophilia/Hepatitis/Jaundice/HIV
- Prone to Keloid Scarring
- Have Eczema on the procedure area
- Please avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- If you have an ideal shape and colour in mind, bring a few reference photos with you to your appointment. Where your makeup as you normally would day to day so I can take into consideration the shape you desire along with the rest of your makeup.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, I will shave or tweeze them off.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to book your appointment your trip at least 14 days before your trip.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule as your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Appointment are 3 hours long. The design process and anaesthetic take up a considerable amount of time. I strongly recommend bringing a snack
A beautiful combination of Nano Brow hair stroke and Ombre Brow shading techniques to give you more dimension that just hair strokes. This is a popular option for those who have sparse but thick eyebrow hairs who need more than just hair strokes to blend into their natural brows, and those who want a more filled in look with hair strokes blended throughout.
Unlike most Artists, I do NOT charge extra for this service.
- LASH ENHANCING EYELINER:
Using a digital device, pigment is implanted in between your eyelashes, giving you the illusion of longer lashes and brighter eyes. It is very similar to tight-lining – without the smudging makeup!
- For pricing information, please see Service Rates.
WHO BENEFITS FROM COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- Cosmetic tattooing is especially beneficial for people who:
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR COSMETIC TATTOOING?
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- If you have Iron Deficiency and/or are Anemic, the pigment will be absorbed by your body very quickly due to the iron present in the pigment. It is highly advised that you consult your doctor and start taking iron pills before having any cosmetic tattooing done.
- You cannot have this procedure done if you are currently:
WHAT IS THE HEALING/AFTERCARE PROCESS?
- If there is any swelling this may last from two to seventy two hours. There may be some tenderness for a couple of days, but any redness around the area after the procedure will dissipate within a few hours. The colour implanted will be darker than you would expect for the first 5-10 days. Most people do not need to take time off from their employment for eyebrow or eyeliner procedures.
- A printout of your immediate and long term aftercare instructions will be provided at the end of your appointment along with your aftercare ointment.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-3 years.
- Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skintype will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your second session and make any changes necessary. Multiple sessions are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 4 weeks after the initial appointment. Additional sessions will be charged according to our current pricing.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED IT DONE?
- Your initial treatment requires 2 appointments, the second is a free touch up appointment 4-8 weeks after your first appointment.
We tend to go more natural during your first appointment, see how your skin heals, and if you want to go darker and denser we can do so at your second appointment.
- Your tattoo will fade over time. It is recommended to have a colour boost every 12-36 months to keep it fresh.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
- Please email hello [at] joellewong.ca
- My studio is located inside JEMINI HAIR ARTISTRY – 111 12 Avenue NW.
My hours of operation are Tuesdays, Thursdays – Saturdays from 9:30-4:30pm.
- Appointments are 3 hours long, and there is free parking available behind the salon, as well as metered parking along Centre Street.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- I accept all major credit cards, cash or e-transfer. Thank you.