WHAT IS COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- There are many names for Cosmetic Tattooing, including Micro Pigmentation, and Permanent Makeup.
- Cosmetic Tattooing is a popular cosmetic treatment involving the controlled insertion of safe colour pigments into the dermis layer of the skin using tiny, sterile, disposable needles, instantly improving appearance and facial definition. This is a cosmetic treatment that defines your facial features with a soft, natural appearance that looks, and stays looking, like perfectly applied make-up or the most subtle of enhancements. All cosmetic tattooing will fade to some degree over time which is due to a number of individual factors.
DOES IT HURT?
- The sensation can vary from person-to-person. It is absolutely tolerable, and high quality topical anaesthetics are available during the procedure. Some people fall asleep during the tattooing. As your procedure is done with an electric device, you will hear and feel a faint vibrating sensation.
- Do not book your appointment around your menstrual period, as you will most likely be more sensitive to discomfort during or right before it. If you have a low tolerance to pain, you may want to take a Tylenol an hour before your appointment.
WHAT TATTOOING SERVICES DO YOU OFFER:
- I offer natural looking Eyebrow, Eyeliner, Lip Blush and Freckle tattoos.
- For details about each procedure and pricing information, please visit Services.
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- You cannot have this procedure done if you are currently:
- Under 18 years of age.
- Pregnant or Breast feeding
- Taking Accutane (wait 1 year afterward)
- Undergoing Cancer treatments
- Diagnosed with Hemophilia/Hepatitis/Jaundice/HIV
- Prone to Keloid Scarring (NOT to be confused with Hypertrophic scarring)
- Have Eczema on the procedure area
WHAT IS THE HEALING/AFTERCARE PROCESS?
- If there is any swelling, this may last from two to seventy two hours. There may be some tenderness for a couple of days, but any redness around the area after the procedure will usually dissipate within a few hours, up to a couple of days afterward. The colour implanted will be darker than you would expect for the first 2-5 days. Most people do not need to take time off from their employment after their cosmetic tattoo procedures.
- A printout of your immediate and long term aftercare instructions will be provided at the end of your appointment.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade in intensity over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-3 years.
- A minimum of 7 days prior to your appointment, start to drink more water. It is much easier to deposit colour into well hydrated skin.
- Do NOT drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment, and NO caffeine in the morning of your appointment, as they thin your blood, which may result in excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit.
- If possible, avoid any blood thinning medication 24 hours prior to your appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen, for the same reasons above. Tylenol or equivalent is OK.
- Wear your makeup as you normally would to our appointment except MASCARA, if applicable.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- Avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 14 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule as your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Let your Eyebrows grow in naturally if you are coming in for a Brow tattoo. I like to see what natural hairs I can incorporate into your design. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, I will shave them off. You may get them tinted 7 days or longer beforehand.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to book your appointment at least 14 days before or after your trip.
- Do NOT wear contacts during our appointment. You may put a fresh pair on afterwards.
- Do NOT have eyelash extensions on at least 1 week PRIOR to your appointment. You can have them applied approx 2-3 weeks after our appointment. Most clients get them done a few weeks after their follow up appointment, so you might not have lash extensions on for a 2-3 month period.
- Do NOT use any lash growth serum (ie. Latisse) for at least 1 month PRIOR to your appointment. Your eyes will be very prone to bruising and the pigment has a high chance of migrating.
- Please note that final results CANNOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your second session and make any changes necessary. Multiple sessions are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 4-12 weeks after the initial appointment, depending on the type of procedure. Additional sessions will be charged according to our current pricing.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED IT DONE?
- Your initial treatment requires 2 appointments; the second is a follow up appointment 4-12 weeks after your first appointment, depending on the type of procedure you received.
We tend to go more natural during your first appointment, see how your tattoo heals, and if you want to go darker/brighter and/or bigger, we can do so at your second appointment.
- Your tattoo will fade over time. It is recommended to have a colour boost every 12-36 months to keep it fresh.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
- Please book online.
- My studio is located inside SILVER ORCHID SALON – 909 10 AVENUE SW.
My hours of operation are Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and some Saturdays from 9:30am-4:30pm.
- Appointments are 3-3.5 hours long.
There is ample metered street parking around the salon.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Additional EYELINER PREP:
Additional LIP BLUSH PREP:
- Pigment cannot be implanted into DRY lips. A minimum of 7 days before your appointment, please start moisturizing your lips liberally all day, and start gently exfoliating your lips after your shower, when your lips are soft and supple.
- You can make a DIY scrub by mixing equal parts of sugar and olive oil. Gently scrub your lips, particularly in the middle, and apply a layer of lip balm.
- If you have ever had a cold sore, you must get a prescription for Valtrex, or equivalent anti-viral medication from your doctor. Take it before and after, as your doctor prescribes.
- If you have never had a cold sore, it might be dormant. Something about lips getting tattooed or injected triggers cold sores. I would still recommend either a prescription from the doctor to help prevent any cold sore outbreaks, or taking Lysine supplements (avail in the vitamin section) – 500mg for 2 weeks before and after.
WHAT DO I NEED TO AVOID AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
- Do not peel, scratch, tamper, etc your tattoo in any way.
- Please follow the Aftercare instructions for your best chances of healing.
- NO facials, massages, physical activity that causes a lot of sweating, saunas, hot yoga, swimming, hair removal near your procedure area, laser treatments, tanning and petroleum based products on your treatment area.
- Always wear a clean disposable mask while your Lip Blush is healing
- NO makeup on your procedure area until the scabs have completely flaked off.
WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- I accept all major credit cards, debit, cash or e-transfer. Thank you.