WHAT IS COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- There are many names for Cosmetic Tattooing, including Micro Pigmentation, Permanent Makeup, Semi Permanent Makeup and Permanent Cosmetics.
- Cosmetic Tattooing is a popular cosmetic treatment involving the controlled insertion of safe colour pigments into the dermis layer of the skin using tiny, sterile, disposable needles, instantly improving appearance and facial definition. This is a cosmetic treatment that defines your eyes and brows with a soft, natural appearance that looks, and stays looking, like perfectly applied make-up or the most subtle of enhancements. All cosmetic tattooing will fade to some degree over time which is due to a number of individual factors.
DOES IT HURT?
- The sensation can vary from person-to-person. A high quality topical anaesthetic is applied before and during the procedure to give you the most comfort possible. Some people fall asleep during the tattooing. As your procedure is done with an electronic device, you will hear and feel a faint vibrating sensation.
- Do not book your appointment around your period, as you will most likely be more sensitive to pain during or right before it. If you have a low tolerance to pain, you may want to take a Tylenol an hour before your appointment.
WHAT TATTOOING SERVICES DO YOU OFFER:
- I offer natural looking Eyebrow, Eyeliner and Lip Blush tattoos.
- For details about each procedure and pricing information, please visit Services.
WHO IS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COSMETIC TATTOOING?
- You cannot have this procedure done if you are currently:
- Under 18 years of age.
- Pregnant or Breast feeding
- Taking Accutane (wait 1 year afterward)
- Undergoing Cancer treatments
- Diagnosed with Hemophilia/Hepatitis/Jaundice/HIV
- Prone to Keloid Scarring (NOT to be confused with Hypertrophic scarring)
- Have Eczema on the procedure area
WHAT IS THE HEALING/AFTERCARE PROCESS?
- If there is any swelling, this may last from two to seventy two hours. There may be some tenderness for a couple of days, but any redness around the area after the procedure will usually dissipate within a few hours, up to a couple of days afterward. The colour implanted will be darker than you would expect for the first 2-5 days. Most people do not need to take time off from their employment after their cosmetic tattoo procedures.
- A printout of your immediate and long term aftercare instructions will be provided at the end of your appointment.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Cosmetic tattoo treatments are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-3 years.
- To avoid excessive bleeding and poor colour deposit, please avoid any blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to their appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements, and Ibuprofen. Tylenol (acetaminophen) can used for pain relief.
- Do not drink any alcohol the night before and day of your appointment and limit the amount of caffeine you consume on the day, before your appointment.
- Wear your makeup as you normally would day to day so I can take into consideration the shape you desire along with the rest of your makeup. However, please keep in mind that I design your brows based on your facial features and existing brows.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least 3 days before your appointment. If there are any stray hairs that fall outside of our final shape, I will shave them off.
- After your procedure, refrain from from facials and massages for 2 weeks.
- If you plan to go on a vacation, it is recommended to book your appointment at least 14 days before or after your trip.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid avid SUN TANNING and TANNING BED exposure for 14 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule as your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- Appointment are 3-3.5 hours long. The design process and anaesthetic take up a considerable amount of time. I do recommend bringing a snack.
- Do NOT have eyelash extensions on 1 week PRIOR to your appointment. You can have them done approx 2 weeks after our appointment. Most clients get them done a few weeks after their touchup appointment, so you might not have extensions on for 2-3 months if that’s ok with you.
- Do NOT use any lash growth serum (ie. Latisse) 1 month PRIOR to your appointment. Your eyes will be very prone to bruising and the pigment has a high chance of migrating.
- If you have ever had a cold sore, you must get a prescription for Valtrex from the doctor. You can take it for 3 days before and 3 days after, or what the doctor prescribes.
- If you have never had a cold sore, it might be dormant. Something about lips getting tattooed or injected triggers cold sores. I would still recommend either a prescription from the doctor to help prevent any cold sore outbreaks, or taking Lysine supplements (avail in the vitamin section) – 500mg for 2 weeks before and after.
- Please note that final results CAN NOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your second session and make any changes necessary. Multiple sessions are normal for cosmetic tattoo procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 4-12 weeks after the initial appointment, depending on the type of procedure. Additional sessions will be charged according to our current pricing.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED IT DONE?
- Your initial treatment requires 2 appointments; the second is a complimentary touch up appointment 4-12 weeks after your first appointment, depending on the type of procedure you received.
We tend to go more natural during your first appointment, see how your tattoo heals, and if you want to go darker/brighter and/or bigger, we can do so at your second appointment.
- Your tattoo will fade over time. It is recommended to have a colour boost every 12-36 months to keep it fresh.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT?
- Please book online.
- My studio is located inside SILVER ORCHID SALON – 909 10 AVENUE SW.
My hours of operation are Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays and some Saturdays from 9:30am-4:30pm.
- Appointments are 3-3.5 hours long.
There is ample metered street parking around the salon.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
Additional EYELINER PREP:
Additional LIP BLUSH PREP:
WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- I accept all major credit cards, debit, cash or e-transfer. Thank you.