Please note that each client’s skin responds differently to these treatments.
This information acts as a guideline only. We cannot guarantee your results.
BROWS: HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- FIRST 3 HOURS:
Using a pre-soaked cotton swab provided, gently clean your eyebrows in circular motions every 60 minutes, for the first 3 hours ONLY.
DAY of Procedure – until tattoo starts flaking (Day 2-4):
Before bed on the day of the procedure, gently clean the tattooed area with a damp cotton swab with lukewarm water. Pat the area dry and apply a THIN layer of the ointment provided with a clean cotton swab. Continue 3-4 times daily until the tattoo starts to flake.
When tattoo start flaking – until the tattoo is done flaking (Day 7-10):
Continue to clean your tattoo with a cotton swab and warm water and apply a THIN layer of ointment if the area feels itchy, twice a day.
EYELINER: HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- Day of Procedure:
Do NOT touch the eyes. Before bed, you can ice your eyes by placing it over a clean soft cloth on top of the eyes.
Do NOT wash the eyes and try to keep them dry.
You may also take Ibuprofen (Advil or equivalent) to help take down the swelling.
Swelling in the morning is normal. Sometimes there is more swelling than the previous day. You can place ice again in the same manner as Day 1. There should be a visible decrease in swelling.
If your skin feels very dry, you can now apply a VERY thin layer of the ointment provided with a microfibre brush or cotton swab, avoiding the lashline area. Do not apply too much to avoid adverse reactions.
You can clean the area with a damp cotton swab very gently, to avoid pulling off the tattoo flakes, before applying ointment. Apply ointment 1-2 times/day if needed, until the tattoo has finished flaking (Day 7-10).
LIP BLUSH: HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- Day of Procedure:
It is very important to remove the lymph fluid from the surface of the skin in order to avoid heavy scabbing. Clean the lips with a damp cotton swab provided every hour. Do not apply any lip balm after cleaning.
Before bed, clean your lips one more time and apply colourless lip balm (clean your lip balm once with an alcohol swab provided before use).
There may still be some swelling. Do NOT ice the lips. Keep the skin moist at all times.
Day 3 – Until the tattoo has finished flaking (Day 7-10):
Continue to keep your lips moist with a lip balm.
AVOID water and makeup on your tattoo, as well as excessive sweating, saunas, swimming pools and sun tanning.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, the tattoo area will start to flake off the extra pigment, usually starting around Day 4-5. Do not pick, and allow the flakes or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-8 weeks, at which time the true colour of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much colour has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true colour, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only during 4-8 weeks after your initial appointment that your touch-up appointment can be done.
- Soaps/facial cleansers on the tattoo while healing.
- Showering directly on the tattoo while healing.
- Picking of scratching at the scabs/dry skin/flakes; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- Applying makeup to the tattooed area until the flaking is complete.
- Threading/waxing/hair removal around the tattooed area while healing.
- Exercising/heavy sweating for a few days prior to your treatment and 1 week after.
- Facials, massages & skin treatments while healing.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or saunas for 2 weeks.
- Anti-aging products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, or Glycolic Acids on the tattooed area.
- Bleaching/tinting the tattooed area for 2 weeks.
- Sun exposure & tanning beds for 1 month.
- Anti-acne products (ie. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv) or lightening creams (ie. Hydroquinone) on tattooed area.
- Laser light therapy; it can darken/lighten the pigment.
LONG TERM CARE AFTER YOUR TATTOO HAS HEALED:
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolour the tattooed area.
- Avoid sun exposure as it will cause your tattoo to fade and discolour faster. You may apply a sunscreen daily to help protect your tattoo.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4-8 weeks later.