Please note that each client’s skin responds differently to these treatments.
This information acts as a guideline only. We cannot guarantee your results.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- DAY 1-4: Gently wash the tattooed area every 4-6 hours with lukewarm water and a disposable cotton swab or pad. Pat the area dry and leave it alone.
DAY 5-14: Continue to gently wash the tattooed area 2-3 times daily with lukewarm water and a disposable cotton swab or pad. Pat the area dry. Apply a light fragrance-free moisturizer AROUND your tattooed area if your skin feels tight. At this time, your tattoo will start to flake.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, the tattoo area will start to flake off the extra pigment, usually starting around Day 4-5. Do not pick, and allow the flakes or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-8 weeks, at which time the true colour of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much colour has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true colour, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only during 4-8 weeks after your initial appointment that your touch-up appointment can be done.
- Soaps/facial cleansers on the tattoo while healing.
- Showering directly on the tattoo for 1 week.
- Exercising/heavy sweating for a few days prior to your treatment and 1 week after.
- Picking of scratching at the scabs/dry skin/flakes; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- Threading/waxing/hair removal around the tattooed area for 2 weeks.
- Applying makeup to the tattooed area for 2 weeks, or until it has stopped flaking.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or saunas for 2 weeks.
- Bleaching/tinting the tattooed area for 1 month.
- Sun exposure & tanning beds for 1 month.
- Facials, massages & skin treatments for 1 month.
- Anti-acne products (ie. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv) or lightening creams (ie. Hydroquinone) on tattooed area.
- Anti-aging products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, or Glycolic Acids on the tattooed area.
- Laser light therapy; it can darken/lighten the pigment.
LONG TERM CARE AFTER YOUR TATTOO HAS HEALED:
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolour the tattooed area.
- Avoid sun exposure as it will cause your tattoo to fade and discolour faster. You may apply a sunscreen daily to help protect your tattoo.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4-8 weeks later.