Please note that each client’s skin responds differently to these treatments.
This information acts as a guideline only. We cannot guarantee your results.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- DAY 1-4: Gently wash the tattooed area every 4-6 hours with lukewarm water and a disposable cotton pad or gauze. Pat the area dry and apply a THIN layer of the ointment provided with a cotton swab.
DAY 5-14: Continue to gently wash the tattooed area 2-3 times daily with lukewarm water and a disposable cotton pad or gauze. Pat the area dry. Apply a light fragrance-free moisturizer if your skin feels tight.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
- During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 4-8 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
- Soaps/facial cleansers on the tattoo while healing.
- Showering directly on the tattoo for 1 week. Apply a layer of ointment prior to your shower.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs or saunas for 2 weeks.
- Anti-acne products (ie. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv) or lightening creams (ie. Hydroquinone) on tattooed area.
- Anti-aging products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, or Glycolic Acids for 1 month.
- Picking of scratching at the scabs/dry skin/flakes; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
- Applying makeup to the tattooed area for 2 weeks.
- Bleaching/tinting the tattooed area for 1 month.
- Threading/waxing/hair removal around the tattooed area while healing.
- Exercising/heavy sweating for a few days prior to your treatment and 1 week after.
- Sun exposure & tanning beds.
- Facials, massages & skin treatments.
- Laser light therapy; it can darken/lighten the pigment.
LONG TERM CARE AFTER YOUR TATTOO HAS HEALED:
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Avoid sun exposure as it will cause your tattoo to fade and discolour faster. You may apply a sunscreen daily to help protect your tattoo.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 4-8 weeks later.